Bar Organizations Strong Partnerships
Oregon’s legal aid programs and the Campaign thank our partner bar organizations for their terrific support! Is your bar group involved? If not, ask them to take action to support statewide legal aid programs in Oregon.
In addition to their support of legal aid through the Legal Services Program and the IOLTA program, the Oregon State Bar and the Oregon Law Foundation provide additional direct financial support for the Campaign for Equal Justice. Oregon State Bar Sections contributed over $20,000 to the Campaign in 2022-23. For the last 15 years, the Oregon State Bar House of Delegates has consistently adopted resolutions calling for adequate funding for legal aid. The current resolution can be found here.
Many county and regional bar organizations make financial contributions to the Campaign. The Multnomah Bar Association, the Coos County Bar Association, the Marion County Bar Association, the Lane County Bar Association and the Jackson County Bar Association have been generous partners for many years.
Oregon Women Lawyers and the Oregon Trial Lawyers have continued to generously donate to the Campaign. In 2022–23, OWLS members contributed $216,000 to the Campaign; OTLA members contributed over $83,500.
CEJ's Call to Action has been signed onto by eighteen partner bar organizations:
- Oregon Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators
- Oregon Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Oregon Asian Pacific Bar Association
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Oregon Filipino American Lawyers Association
- OGALLA: the LGBT Bar Association of Oregon
- Oregon Hispanic Bar Association
- Oregon Law Foundation
- Oregon Minority Lawyers Association
- Oregon Chapter of the National Bar Association
- Oregon Paralegal Association
- Oregon State Bar
- Oregon Trans Law Caucus
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Oregon Attorneys with Disabilities Association
- Northwest Indian Bar Association
If your bar organization would like to join us, please contact us for more information.