On October 25, 2019, about 300 members of the Oregon legal community gathered to witness Oregon’s Premier Lawyer Comedy Club Event: Laf-Off!
Nine lawyer comedians vied for fabulously decorated rubber chicken awards. With such talented comedians, we wish that everyone could have taken home a chicken, but these were the ultimate winners:
- Most dollars raised for legal aid: DIANE HENKELS! (She took home the fabulous “Oh Chickey, You’re so Fine” chicken.
- Most donors for legal aid: SARAH LOWE! (She took home the amazing “Ruth Bader Ginsbawk” chicken.)
- Funniest Comedian Before 9:00 p.m.: SARAH LOWE! (She took home the incredible “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Hen” chicken.)
- Most dollars raised for legal aid: HEATHER WEIGLER! (She claimed the marvelous “CHIC-en” award.)
- Most donors for legal aid: HEATHER WEIGLER! (She took home the tremendous “Chicken Breast-Stroke” award.)
- Funniest Comedian After 9:00 p.m.: IT WAS A TIE!
- CIERRA BROWN took home the extraordinary “Baked Chicken” award.
- PAUL NEESE claimed the phenomenal “Count Chickula” award.
Thanks to everyone who came out to the shows, who sponsored (Multnomah Bar Association, Heritage Bank, and Pacific West Bank), and who donated to assist CEJ’s statewide support of legal aid. We couldn’t do it without you!