2020 Program Assistant Position Submit Resume and Cover Letter by 3/23/2020
The Campaign for Equal Justice, the support organization for Oregon’s statewide legal aid programs, is looking for a Program Assistant for 37.5 hours per week. Oregon’s legal aid programs provide free civil legal services to low-income Oregonians in areas such as safety from domestic violence, income maintenance, safe housing and consumer protection. The Campaign works to educate lawyers, other members of the legal community, and the public about the civil legal needs of the poor, operates a robust annual fund drive, and helps to increase government and foundation support for legal aid.
Key Job Tasks: The Program Assistant will work with the Executive Director, Associate Director, and Programs & Information Specialist of the CEJ and use administrative and communication skills to impact daily operations. This is a full-time, hourly position that requires some overtime and in-state travel. Duties will include:
- Database and Deposits
- Entering gifts, pledges, and pledge payments
- Processing credit card payments
- Making cash, credit card, and check deposits
- Preparing deposit reports
- Preparing receipts, pledge acknowledgements, pledge completion statements
- Running informational reports
- Maintaining database records
- Event Preparation and Attendance
- Contacting venues and caterers in preparation for events
- Acting as point of contact for regional luncheon table captains
- Entering event RSVPs and preparing attendance reports
- Assisting with preparation of charts, programs, handouts, nametags, etc.
- Attending events, setting up and tearing down, greeting attendees, troubleshooting
- Office Operations
- Opening, recording, processing and filing incoming mail
- Preparing checks to pay invoices
- Greeting and assisting office visitors
- Answering phones, directing calls, and responding to inquiries
- Assembling in-house fundraising mailings
- Assembling packets for board meetings and other events
- Making photocopies
- Making deliveries and other office-related errands
- Assisting with ordering and maintaining supplies
- Word Processing/Editing
- Preparing correspondence
- Proofreading reports and other documents
- File Maintenance
- Maintaining orderly files
- Preparing records and reports of each event
- Other Tasks as Assigned
- Supporting the nonprofit in effective and efficient operations
- Work cooperatively with volunteers who help with projects in the office.
- University, Professional, or Trade School graduation, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Excellent command of PC skills, including MS Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Previous experience with database software a plus
- Previous experience with blast email platform to draft, design, and send mass email communications a plus. We use ActiveCampaign (similar to MailChimp)
- Demonstrate sound work ethic, honesty and trustworthiness
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning personal, financial and other sensitive / secure information
- Be flexible and eager to learn new things
- Be willing to work overtime and/or flex time on occasion
- Possess a friendly attitude, excellent customer service skills and an interest in CEJ’s mission
- Physical Demands: Many hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. Lifting/moving supplies and materials from time to time. Walking the downtown core area to make deliveries.
- Environment: office is a small, busy, open space. The Program Assistant will be faced with frequent interruptions and will meet with others on a regular basis.
- Sensory and Mental Demands: periods of intense concentration, contrasted with the ability to be friendly with staff and the community. There are a number of deadlines associated with this position - must be flexible, dependable, self-motivated and possess good time management skills.
We offer full employee benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance; retirement plan; and PTO. This position is full-time, 9:00am to 5:00pm. Hourly wage at $18.00 to $21.00 an hour depending on experience. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is March 23, 2020.